Today I’m teaming up with Old Time Pottery to share how to add greenery to your home this Spring!
I have been compensated by Old Time Pottery for this post, however all opinions are 100% my own.
OLD TIME POTTERY
If you’ve been a reader for awhile, you know that I have teamed up with Old Time Pottery many times over the last few years. They have quickly become one of my favorite places to shop for home decor pieces, organization items, furniture, greenery, and pottery. Pottery is, of course, what they’re known for! With over 500 options to choose from in multiple styles, colors, fabrications, and sizes, I always find exactly what I’m looking for at Old Time Pottery.
HOW TO ADD GREENERY TO YOUR HOME THIS SPRING
I don’t know about you, but after the Christmas decorations come down, I start to find areas in our home that just feel empty. The easiest way to fill those spaces this Spring is by adding some greenery. But before you start adding greenery to your home, there are a few things you should keep in mind:
- Real or Artificial? – The first thing you need to decide is if you want real or artificial plants. Adam and I learned early in our marriage that we are terrible at keeping indoor plants alive. Artificial plants are definitely the best fit for us. If you have no time to take care of real plants, or if you don’t have a green thumb, artificial plants are probably best for you too.
- Quality – Don’t be afraid of artificial plants. I know a lot of people are turned off by them “looking fake,” but honestly, sometimes it’s hard to tell if a plant is real or fake until you’re up close. If that is your concern, I read somewhere that by putting an artificial plant where you would put a real plant (near a window for sunlight) it can help give the illusion that it is real. But, if it’s still a concern for you, I would suggest browsing at your local Old Time Pottery. Old Time Pottery’s potted trees, succulents, and flower arrangements are all excellent quality!
- Shaping – Adam will sometimes get caught up in how a plant looks right when we see it. I always have to remind him that once you shape it, it can look completely different. The Fiddle-Leaf Fig Tree we chose looked a little rough when we first picked it up. But after some gentle shaping, it was perfect!
- Pottery – We picked a tree that was potted in a plain, black pot. Neither of us felt like that fit our home, so we headed over to the pottery section. There were a ton of pots to choose from, but we finally decided on a larger, white pot and just sat the tree inside. Don’t write off a plant or tree just because of how it’s potted. Instead, look and see if you can re-pot it. Just look at the difference that quick change made.
5. Fill in the Spaces – Finding places to add greenery to your home is as simple as filling in the empty spots. When you have an area, big or small, that you just don’t know what to put there, try adding a potted plant or flower arrangement. You will instantly add color, texture, and interest to the space. We had a few spaces in our home that just needed something. I love that we found all of the perfect pieces at Old Time Pottery.
SPACES BEFORE AND AFTER
Also, this white flower arrangement is actually in a “Happy Easter” vase. I loved the look of the vase and flowers, but not the Easter design. So, I turned it around so that you only see the white side. 🙂
Are you adding greenery to your house this Spring? Let me know if you’ll be shopping at Old Time Pottery!
Head over to my Instagram to see a video of our trip to Old Time Pottery.