Amanda Rains is on the blog today showing us how to create the perfect back porch area!
Chris and I had hand-me-down outdoor furniture for the first 3 years we lived in our house and it never truly felt finished. But when I told Chris I wanted to give our back porch a makeover he didn’t love the idea. Every time we looked at new outdoor furniture what we wanted was CRAZY expensive. We need to find a way to make this an affordable back porch makeover!
I saw Old Time Pottery was having a huge summer clearance sale with tons of their outdoor furniture and decor 50% off so we decided to try looking there. We ended up finding a GORGEOUS outdoor couch and matching chairs! They were a great neutral grey wicker + amazing quality, and we couldn’t believe the price! I was thrilled with the look of our back porch makeover and Chris was happy with the affordable price.
Since we were heading into the fall season we also snagged some fall decor for the porch at OTP. I got two cute plant stands that were part of the sale and some new pots to go with them. The pots are solid cement made to look like wooden baskets. Crazy good quality but not super expensive! (They should literally last forever)
I also snagged the cutest fall leaves & floral stems! I loved their price points because it allowed me to get a lot of different ones and mix them together for a beautiful, custom look. I’m so happy with how everything turned out!
5 Ways to Update Your Back Porch or Patio for Fall
Since we are moving into fall I figured I’d share my top 5 budget-friendly ways to update your porch for the season! Honestly, fall days and evenings are my favorite time of the year to sit out on the back porch. The humidity is low but it’s still warm enough to enjoy sitting outside.
- Replace your furniture cushions with darker solid colors or brown tones. Especially at the end of the summer the cushions are always on sale! If you don’t want to replace all the cushions you can easily just add some fall pillows.
- Add fall florals! Super easy and affordable. Old Time Pottery has a HUGE selection of gorgeous faux flower stems!
- Add a neutral or brown tone outdoor rug.
- Get a fire pit table or chimenea. OTP always has a great selection of chimeneas to choose from!
- Add some string lights or lanterns with faux LED candles. I always find the cutest darn lanterns at Old Time Pottery!