Amanda Rains (@sweetstyleofmineblog) is on the blog today to show us the perfect fall tablescape!
Fall is my favorite time of the year for decorating! Everything feels so warm, cozy, and inviting. One of my favorite areas of the house to decorate for Fall is my dining room. I love to create a cozy fall tablescape along with decorating my buffet! My dining room is connected to the living room creating a wide open living space, so it’s one of the first areas you see when you walk in the house.
I do love to switch up my fall décor every year ( don’t tell the husband 🙂 ) so I love snagging affordable finds! I can always count on my local Old Time Pottery to have an amazing selection of both indoor and outdoor fall décor. Everything on my dining room table is from Old Time Pottery and was super budget friendly!
Below I'm sharing some of my must-haves when creating a cozy fall tablescape:
1) Chargers – Having decorate charger plates brings elegance to your dining table without breaking the bank! And you don’t have to move them on / off the table, just put your everyday dining plates directly on top of them during meals. I don’t have any currently, but it also looks so pretty with cloth napkins rolled on top of the chargers!
2) Table Runner – Having a table runner easily brings texture and warmth to your dining table. Old Time Pottery always has a huge selection to choose from, especially when it comes to holidays! You can get a table runner that fits about the exact length of your table (how I have mine) or let it hang off the ends around 4-6 inches.
3) Centerpiece with Height – It doesn’t have to be super tall, but adding some height to your main centerpiece draws the eye to your table and in my opinion helps balance everything. Some people like to have a really tall and skinny centerpiece, but I prefer a wider, slightly shorter one that you can see over. That way you can still see your friends & family when eating! I also prefer a centerpiece I can change up with the seasons. I snagged some mason jars from Old Time Pottery last year and just change the florals each holiday / season!
4) Floral Arrangement – Creating your own faux floral arrangement is SO easy and lets you customize your tablescape! Just start with a base (like the box + mason jars I used) and then snag some affordable faux floral stems you can mix / match together. Old Time Pottery has a HUGE selection of beautiful faux florals!
5) Candles – I always have a candle on my table! It’s super simple but brings a lot of coziness and warmth to the dining table.