Another favorite dish to prepare while it's cold out is chili. But not just any chili...change things up with this creamy white chicken chili from The Chunky Chef that tastes as amazing as it looks. Plus once you grab all the ingredients, it's a cinch to prepare in your slow cooker!
Be sure to tell us how it turns out!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 8 hours
Total Time: 8 hours 5 minutes
Servings: 6 servings
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts trimmed of excess fat
1 yellow onion diced
2 cloves garlic minced
24 oz. chicken broth (low sodium)
2 15oz cans great Northern beans drained and rinsed
2 4oz cans diced green chiles (I do one hot, one mild)
1 15oz can whole kernel corn drained
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp cumin
3/4 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
small handful fresh cilantro chopped
4 oz reduced fat cream cheese softened
1/4 cup half and half
dollop of sour cream
minced fresh cilantro
shredded Monterey jack or Mexican cheese
1. Add chicken breasts to bottom of slow cooker, top with salt, pepper, cumin, oregano, chili powder, and cayenne pepper.
2. Top with diced onion, minced garlic, great Northern beans, green chiles, corn, chicken broth and cilantro. Stir.
3. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours or on HIGH for 3-4 hours.
4. Remove chicken to large mixing bowl, shred, then return to slow cooker.
5. Add cream cheese and half and half, stir, then cover and cook on HIGH for 15 minutes, or until chili is creamy and slightly thickened.
6. Stir well and serve with desired toppings.
This recipe and images are courtesy of The Chunky Chef.